Thank you for visiting the Faqs page. Below you will find detailed information on eyelash extensions, waxing, laser hair removal, airbrush spray tanning and more. Please feel free to contact Annette with any further questions or concerns.
Eyelash Extension Faqs
Eyelash extensions are extremely easy to take care of. They require a gentle washing every few days to keep them free of pollutants, dust and potential infection. A daily washing may be necessary if you're prone to extreme seasonal allergies. Here's an easy to make mixture of baby shampoo, water and baking soda.
Eyelash extension cleanser recipe:
2 tablespoons baby shampoo (tear-free!)
12 tablespoons water
1 tsp baking soda
* Mix all three ingredients together and store in a bottle for easy use.
How do I care for my extensions?
While the extensions are able to withstand saunas, swimming and hot yoga, there are a few habits to adopt to ensure you're protecting your investment for the longest wear possible.
What to avoid:
- Do not wear mascara, liquid eyeliners and cream based shadows. These contain glycols and carbonates that will dissolve the eyelash adhesive resulting in the extensions falling off and gumming up together. If you desire a liquid eyeliner look, try applying with a wetted pointed brush dipped into a powdered eye shadow.
- Sleeping on your back is best to avoid the corners of the lashes wearing off quicker. If you find that sleeping on your back is not possible, an eye sleep mask is another great option to protect your lashes.
- Keep oils away from the lash extensions. This will also result in them prematurely wearing off. If you have a tendency towards oily skin, maintain a daily washing of eyelids and orbital bone to keep them free of oils.
- Remove makeup with a Q-tip around eyes to avoid rubbing the eyelash extensions. Mascara may be worn only on the bottom lashes but will need removed before sleeping to avoid dissolving of the adhesive.
What to avoid when wearing extensions?
What's the difference between the Classic, Blend and Volume eyelash extensions?
The type of eyelash extensions used will be determined based on what type of look you wish to achieve, and what your natural lashes are able to maintain for years to come.
- The Classic Extension: This is perfect for those with a medium to full lash line or who wants a strong mascara look. It's 1 flat extension applied to 1 eyelash.
- The Volume Extension: These are hand made fans that are between 2-6 extensions applied to 1 eyelash. This is the choice for individuals who don't have many natural lashes, or are thin, or need to create a fuller lash line. For those with a medium to full lash line, this process becomes more customizable to create a natural, or a more dramatic look.
- The Blended Extension: A mixture between the Classic and Volume Extension. Great for those who have a medium lash line, however may require some extra volume in areas.
Will the eyelash extensions damage my natural eyelashes?
No, the extensions will not damage the natural eyelashes when applied properly by a trained technician. Annette stays up to date with the latest techniques and products available ensuring the clients health and longevity of the lashes.
How often do I need eyelash fills?
Eyelash extensions need to be maintained every 2-3 weeks in order to keep them looking beautiful and full. We naturally shed 5-6 eyelashes per day. By the 4th week you will have lost over half of the extensions. If it's been 4 or more weeks since your last appointment, it may be considered a new full set.
Is your glue safe?
The eyelash extension glue is medical grade and does not contain any formaldehyde. It's a strong hold, quick drying glue suitable for sensitive eyes.
The eyelash extensions are a premium grade super soft, flexible and light weight extension. The Classic Extension is a flat lash providing more width without the weight. The Volume Extension are ultra light weight and fuller for desired looks. The extensions come in different lengths, thickness and curls to create the perfect set for you. They will even withstand saunas, swimming activity and hot yoga classes.
What type of Eyelash Extension do you use?
Airbrush Spray Tanning Faqs
What tan solution do you use?
The airbrush solution is naturally based with organic DHA by South Seas Skin Care. It provides an ideal tan color for all skin types and lasts 7-10 days.
Pre Tan Prep
Please shower and exfoliate skin with a hand mitt or oil free scrub. Light moisturizer only needed on extra dry areas (elbows, knees etc..) Bring loose fitting clothes to wear after the spray tan.
What to expect during the spray?
The spray tan is done by hand with an airbrush machine. Clients may choose to wear provided disposable bikini bottoms and shower caps. Clients may also wear their own undergarment, bathing suit or nothing at all. If you choose to be sprayed over your own clothing the solution will wash out.
Wait 8 hrs before showering for the full development of the tan. Avoid spilling water or other liquids on the skin as it will leave a mark in the tan. Keep skin moisturized to prolong the color.
Laser Hair Removal Faqs
There are two wavelengths subtables for hair removal: 755 and 1064. In short, the 755 is for lighter skin tones and the 1064 is for medium to dark skin tones. The laser Annette uses is a 755 wavelength. This laser is best for lighter skin tones (Fitzpatrick types I-III) with dark hair who do not tend to tan easily when in the sun. The laser does not see red or grey hair and is not suitable for skin types IV or higher. There are nearby trusted offices that have other lasers or electrology that will be recommended if the 755 is not right for you.
What type of laser do you use?
Laser hair removal is an excellent choice in removing 99% of hair on most individuals with some precautions to keep in mind. For individuals with hormonal hair growth it can be used as a maintenance to dramatically reduce and maintain the hair.
- Avoid sun exposure 30 days prior and 30 days after a hair removal service. This can cause a hyper or hypo pigmentation of the skin if not followed. This includes extended tans and spray tans solutions. Annette recommends always applying a zinc and titanium sunscreen.
- Photo sensitizing medications, creams, supplements, pure concentrations of citrus essential oils, prescription RetinA, Accutane, St John Wart and anti-malaria medications should not be used 30 days prior to service. The laser is a light and can cause a burn to the skin under these conditions. Consult your prescribing doctor if you are unsure if your medication is photo sensitizing.
- Do not wax or tweeze 30 days prior to laser appointment. You may shave before — unless the outline of the area being treated is not clearly defined, in which case there will be a disposable razor provided.
- Laser hair removal is not well documented while pregnant or breast feeding as being harmful. However it is known that hormones may affect hair growth, so it's best to avoid while pregnant or breastfeeding.
- The laser cannot go over tattoos, permanent make up or moles. These areas will be worked around.
- The birth control implant 'the stick' is considered a contraindication for under arm or full arm laser hair removal services as there is speculation it renders it ineffective. Other types of implants are not contraindicated.
Who can have laser hair removal?
Hair should be at least 1/2 inch long for a first time wax on underarms and bikini / brazilians. The hair needs to be long enough for the wax to pick up but not too long that it will become tangled when the wax is applied. When in doubt, come with longer hair as it may always be trimmed if too long. Hair may be 1/4 - 1/2 inch long for all other areas of the body.
How long should hair be to get waxed?
Waxing is maintained every 4-6 weeks. Regular waxing allows for the growth cycles to catch up with one another resulting in longer time in between appointments that you're hair free. It also helps with the tolerance, as over time the hair will become thinner and less resistant.
How often do I need waxed?
Understandably, first time brazilian waxing can be a little intimidating. Annette aims to make the experience as comfortably as possible. Please plan 45 min - 1 hr for your first appointment. Pain management is her top priority. Too often, brazilian waxes are rushed through (the touted 15 min Brazilian), resulting in extreme pain for the client. She will also start with a bikini wax and work her way towards a brazilian, so if at any point you decide you do not want to proceed, you are left with a symmetrical wax. Refraining from shaving in between waxes, with frequent 4-6 week visits, the waxing will become tolerable.
This is my first brazilian...
Waxing is a safe and easy way to remove unwanted hair. There are however circumstances when waxing will need to be stopped and resumed at a later time. These are:
- When skin is sun burned, irritated or open wounds.
- Recent exfoliating treatments within 7-10 days (microdermabrasion, light chemical peel) for the face.
- Laser resurfacing treatments and medium depth peels within 1 yr.
- Accutane must be completed 1 yr prior to waxing.
- Please consult your prescribing physician if taking any acne medications or anti aging orals and topical such as Tazorac, Retinol A, Tretinoin etc. as these may thin the skin and increase sensitivity.
- Precaution is taken if currently on antibiotics, at home chemical exfoliants (glycols, lactic, salicylic) Benzoyl Peroxide, Retinol and skin bleaching agents (hydroquinone) as these may make skin more sensitive in some individuals.
- No harsh exfoliations, steams, hot tubs, saunas or sun exposure for 48 hrs after waxing service.
Your appointment time is reserved especially for you. Annette has counted on that time being filled, which means other clients were not able to get that booking. Please contact Annette by text or phone within 24hrs if you need to change your appointment. No show appointments will be charged 50% of service price.
Online booking is provided for eyelash extension, airbrush spray tanning, waxing and dermaplane appointments (it does not include microdermabrasion or laser hair removal). Simply click on the service desired, pick the day and you will see the times available. You'll receive a text and email reminder 48hrs prior to appointment time. The online booking will not let you book, reschedule or cancel an appointment within 24hrs, please call or text Annette at 303-500-2076 to take care of those inquires.
*Annette shares the treatment space for microdermabrasion and laser hair removal services with her office mate Miki at Firiel Skin Care. Please call or text Annette to set up those services as they will not be found under the online booking site.
How does online booking work?
My google maps took me to the wrong place?